Last Updated March 25, 2014
The Homeschooled More Politically Tolerant?
New research on political intolerance will likely surprise many
people, especially negative critics of parent-led home-based
education. . . . .
We at SCHEA believe in the work of NHERI.org
and Dr. Brian Ray. Read the full article on tolerance by Dr. Ray
here archive.aweber.com/nheri2010-1/4ybgb/h/The_Homeschooled_More.htm and sign up for free
research updates here www.nheri.org/connect.html
Click on the links to learn more.
- How American Homeschoolers Measure Up.
- Is it still growing? If so, at what rate? This is what a lot of media reporters, proponents of homeschooling, and antagonists of parent-led home-based education want to know regarding the homeschooling population. Researchers with the federal government recently took another look at this question. The study also considered demographics of the homeschool students and why their parents homeschool them. Read more here...
- Home Education Across the United States Study on home schooling, conducted by Dr. Brian D. Ray, president of the National Home Education Research Institute. (1997)
- Homeschooling in the United States:1999 This report, based on data from the Parent Survey of the National Household Education Survey Program, 1999. Published in 2001
- http://www.hslda.org/research/default.asp The best one-stop-shop for homeschooling statistics, studies, and information!
- 1.1 Million Homeschooled Students in the United States in 2003 This brief uses data from the 2003 National Household Education Surveys Program (NHES) to estimate the number of homeschooled students in the United States in 2003 and to discuss the reasons parents decide to homeschool their children. The brief also shows that the number of homeschoolers, and the proportion of the student population they represent, has increased since 1999. Published August 2004. Currently only available online; print version forthcoming.